How To Chechk WHOIS Information By Domain Published: 16 Sep, 2023
Checking WHOIS information for a domain is a straightforward process that provides you with details about the domain's owner, registration date, expiration date, and other relevant information. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to check WHOIS information for a domain:
1. Open your web browser and go to a reputable WHOIS lookup service or registrar website. Many websites offer WHOIS lookup services, such as ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), GoDaddy, or Whois.net.
2. Locate the search or lookup box on the website's homepage or WHOIS-specific page. It is typically labeled as "WHOIS lookup" or "Check WHOIS."
3. Enter the domain name you want to check in the search box. Make sure to include the top-level domain (TLD) extension, such as .com, .org, .net, etc.
4. Click on the "Search" or "Lookup" button to initiate the search.
5. The WHOIS lookup service will retrieve and display the relevant information associated with the domain. The information may include the domain owner's name, organization, email address, physical address, phone number, registration and expiration dates, and name server details.
6. Review the WHOIS information provided. Pay attention to the domain owner's contact details, registration dates, and other relevant information you may need.
7. If necessary, you can further investigate the contact information provided, such as contacting the domain owner or reporting any issues.
It's important to note that some domain owners choose to keep their contact information private by using domain privacy services offered by registrars. In such cases, the WHOIS information may display the privacy service provider's details instead of the actual domain owner's information.
By following these steps, you can easily check WHOIS information for any domain of interest. Remember to use this information responsibly and respect the privacy of domain owners.